Monday, December 19, 2011

Heart Problem,High blood pressure, Pregnant..scared!?

Ok. here's the deal. I am 28 years old. I am about 8 weeks pregnant. I found out about 4 weeks ago that I was pregnant and was taken off of metoprolol 25 mg twice a day by my dr. and put on Aldomet for my high blood pressure because of the pregnancy. He discontinued the beta blocker suddenly without weaning me off, and ever since I have been getting PVC's like crazy and my heart has been racing. I wore a holter monitor and my heart rate was shown to go up as high as 210 bpm. I was told that I had periods if supraventricular tachycardia and that I needed to see a cardiologist. Well, I went to the cardiologist a few days ago and he pretty much did an EKG(normal) and then sent me home with another monitor. I am terrified out of my mind. My BP is still high. I wake up in the morning and it is about 120/80 and then gradually goes up throughout the day. It usually stays about 140/90, but when I am anxious will go up even higher..I have incredible anxiety and I am terrified. My cardiologist told me that I have a murmur and said that it sounds like the aortic valve..My question is..I have never gotten these PVC's before I was taken off of the metoprolol ..could it be related to that and the pregnancy or is there something serously wrong with my heart??I am an anxious person and everyone says its the anxiety but I have never gotten these before. The SVT I have had on and off for a few years but lately its gotten worse..Any ideas??

0 comments:

Post a Comment