Saturday, December 17, 2011

Comcast Wireless Router IP Range?

I just got Comcast Internet. Once I logged into the router I found that my IP range is set to 192.168.0.10 through 192.168.0.14! I can't find a way to change this, it looks like Comcast has some lame policy to limit a home network to 5 IPs. Yeah... this might have worked back in 1995 but not these days! It seems like almost every device in the household needs an IP today. Is there a way to increase the IP range to handle more than 5 IPs on the network? I have 2 laptops, 1 desktop, TiVo, PSP, DS, XBOX, XBOX 360, and a Playstation 2. Thats 9 IPs!!! I can settle with at lest 15 IPs but 5 IPs seems impossible for me to cope with. Please tell me I'm not the only victim of this? I really look forward to finding a work around or some other solutions... ::Crosses fingers:: hoping no money is involved! Thanks in advance!

0 comments:

Post a Comment