Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Are new Harley Davidson motorcycles american made? Or is all that in the past?

They are made in America in the same way as Toyota makes cars in their California plant. Toyota is a japanese vehicle, but its being built in America. So I guess that makes it an American car? Don't think so. A great % of the parts on a HD are foreign, so you could say its embled in America if you want, but you're not fooling anyone (except the HD loving morons who have no idea and will fight with you to the end about them being "American"). I was ready to buy one but when I did my homework, I realized that 1) they are made with many foreign parts. 2) they typically do little in the way of improving the models from one year to the next and technology is about 10 years behind Japanese or German bikes, and 3) Although they are loud, they generally have less horsepower or torque than German or Japanese bikes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment